Monday, 24 May 2010

Filing

So I finally got round to doing my filing this weekend. It was horrible. Do you have any idea how much filing accumulate in the space of three years? Neither did I.
So my filing looked something like this:


This image I stole from the vastness of the internet, but it gives you the idea of what my system looked like.

This weekend managed to convince me that filing is the eternal spawn of Evil, and that in the right environment, Filing function like bacteria. Keep it the right temperature and it multiplies like there is no tomorrow. Either that, or some malicious fairy multiplied the documents.

But I learnt a lot about myself while doing the filing. I could trace the last three years of my life, what I did, where I did it. I learnt that somehow, as a student, I survived on R2500 a month on what appears to be a steady diet of cigarettes and red wine (I cannot remember this, which probably means that it is true).

I learnt that I could get round for a good week on just one tank of petrol, now I'm lucky if I make it 3 days. I learnt that a packet of smokes was R20, and I could afford to smoke a box+ a day. Now I cannot afford it, and I wake up coughing if I try.

I found till slips indicating that I frequently bought pies and that I apparently enjoyed them. (Must be during the red wine phase, I cannot remember this either) I also realised that wine became expensive when I wasn't looking.

The there are the gaps in my filing. Somewhere along the way, I lost 6 months. No statements, slips, payslips or any other correspondence. If someone finds my lost months, send them back to me!

That would teach me to keep my filing up to date! But then again, WHY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment