Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Absent without leave

Aaaand I'm back. Now I know I've taken a bit of a break from this blog thing for a while, but be not afraid, I spent my time well.

The last couple of months have been absolutely hectic.I helped launch that website, you know the one that kept me busy for so long, I started studying again, I finished the studies and then went on a soul searching mission for a month. Now I'm back, and ready to roll. With a very loose grip on who I am in one hand and a firm vision for my future in the other, I'm ready to get back to real life.

I'm hard at work on the manuscript for my first novel, Divine Children - a post apocalyptic fantasy novel, and I'm pretty sure it's going to rock. But then again, all parents think their children are just absolutely amazing and they are usually wrong.

Given the fact that I was out of it for a while, reading also took a bit of a backseat. I did discover a few new authors I think the world should be taking notice of (If you haven't already!)

First off, J. Robert King. READ HIS BOOKS! I started reading The Angel of Death and I was hooked immediately.The story follows the Angel of Death in Chicago who is on the trail of a serial killer. After he falls in love with the investigating cop, he has to make a choice between divinity and humanity - and suffer the consequences. The book is beautifully written drawing you as reader deeper into the story. WARNING: Do not start reading this if you have deadlines - the book is a deadline killer!


Another author everyone should take note of is Paige Nick, funnywoman extraordinaire and author of A Million Miles from Normal. Now I do not regularly venture into the chicklit genre, but I found this book to be funny and engaging. It won't be everyone's cup of tea (five roses or otherwise), but it is a fun read and well worth the Sunday afternoon I spent reading it.


Well, I'm off again. But in the immortal words of a younger and fitter Arnold Schwarzenegger: "I'll be back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment