Saturday, 10 October 2009

WISIWYG - What I See Is What You Get

Good morning fellow cave dwellers and welcome to my blog. For those of you with keen eyes, and a moderate amount of brainpower, you'll see that this blog is new, like really new, like I created it this morning new.

The idea for the blog basically evolved out of my need to give people my opinion, the fact that a good friend launched his new blog which got me excited to start blogging myself, since it looked like a lot of fun as well as one of those extremely inspirational moments that us Gemini's sometimes get.

The idea for the name (for the blog, not my name, which I will probably cover in a later post) refers to:
a) The fact that I'm blogging from my room, which I call my cave (It actually resembles a nest sometimes), and
b) My understanding of Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

Now for those of you who have no idea what the Cave allegory refers to, read the wiki article and then come back. And don't fret, you'll only have to read the opening paragraph to understand where I'm coming from.

So this blog is basically my interpretation of the shadows against the wall. I will in no way or form claim to be a philosopher (unless I'm drunk, or stoned), since I do actually know a couple of philosophers and respect their great, and sometimes hard to follow, theories and trains of thought. But back to my cave wall. If our perception of reality is affected by the relative position of the fire behind our backs, then this blog is my interpretation of the shadows against the wall. (Hence the title of the post. See? There is method to the madnesss that is me!)

I will be covering such a range of topics in this blog, it would be hard to list them all. My main focus will be on whatever is happening in my life at the moment, so be sure to hear a lot from the entertainment media retail environment (I work in the books, games, movies and music retail industry) with the odd book and movie review (because I can), musings on politics and religion (because I find the discussion surrounding that enlightning), bitching and moaning about idiots (I really, really dislike stupid people) and general life in sunny South Africa.

Just a general warning: I'm like using profanities, that's just me, so skip over them if you don't like reading them. And don't flame me about them, I'll just delete your flame, or better yet, direct the profanities at you.

Another warning (and you might have noticed this), I write from a first person, train of thought perspective. And believe me, I derail quickly. So I apologise for some of the posts beforehand, they might make little sense! Ooh look! Roadkill!

I won't make any promises as to the regularity of my posts, since I cannot create my own inspiration. I'll just wait for the world to happen, and then comment on it.

Let me take this opportunity to say Happy Birthday to Dave (remember the blog I mentioned earlier? That's his...)! I hope you have a good one!

Well, that's all from me for now,

Be good, be awesome,

2 comments:

  1. Very, very happy that you've joined the Blogosphere, Lood! :-) I'll be your first Follower, and I look forward to your posts and thoughts. :-) And thanks for the BDay wishes!

    ReplyDelete