Thursday, 22 October 2009

Inglouriously Tarantino...

I was lucky enough to be invited to the South African premiere of Inglourious Bastards yesterday. Man! I just love my job! So there we were, sitting in the cinema at Hyde Park in Johannesburg, eating slightly stale popcorn and getting mesmerised by the film.

In true Tarantino style the movie contains the right balance between blood, gore, action, humour and drama. Enough to keep you interested without revolting you, or boring you to tears. Two actors really stand out in this film. One is Brad Pitt with his hilariously funny accent, and the other is Christoff Waltz. Waltz' character varied between creeping the living shit out of me, and driving me to hysterics.

My judgement on the character of Hitler in this film was coloured by the numerous videos of "Hitler finds out..." I've watched on Youtube. For those of you who are not familiar with these videos, they are made by youtuber who replace the subtitles in a German film called "Der Untergang" in which Hitler throws a bitch fit. Now imagine the hilarity when the first glimpse you have of Hitler in Inglourious Basterds is of him having a bitch fit...

The start of the movie confused me slightly, and only by the middle of it did I piece together the story. This is standard practise for me when watching a Tarantino movie for the first time. But this never detracted anything from the enjoyability of the movie.

Definitely worth a watch.

Keep it real,

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, thanks for the review, Lood. :-) This is definitely on the top of my watch-next-week list. :-)

    ReplyDelete