Wednesday, 04 August 2010

My Life in Links

I think I'll start a new feature that I'll update every so often on the blog where I post the links that I found or that friends shared. I'll divide them into sections to make it easier.

Youtube Clips:
I share an office with a friend that finds the most amazing and strange clips on Youtube. Don't get me wrong, I find my fair share of weirdness, but he seems to have the knack/connections for it. Between the two of us we have discovered a myriad of mirth or shock inducing clips. I think I'll share a couple with you.

Our current kick is from the film Clue with Madeleine Kahn playing Mrs White.



Just before this we were quoting the infamous Double Rainbow guy. Here's the link to Double Rainbow guy's conversation with Adolf Hitler:



And here's Double Rainbow Guy's song:



I discovered this little gem parody depicting the way in which our favourite oil company handles a spill:



And if you've ever wondered how many ninjas you could fit in a jazz (because, you know you've always wanted to know), here you go:



Then there was this freak from the Electric Daisy Carnival:



Current Affairs
Then there were some current affair issues that also had their own links, starting with the issue of Freedom of Press in SA where I initially linked to the leading party's views on the transformation of the media. Then on 4 August, the first journalist was arrested amidst a fanfare.In lieu of these events, Lauren Beukes posted her Big Issue column early in which she discusses the freedom of press issue in SA.

Bookish News
I posted a couple of links relating to books on my FB page, the first were the betting odds for the Man Booker prize, and the second was the link to "With Great Power" - which I really want.

From now on I'll try and update my links every so often.

Keep it real,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment